Monday 5 October 2009

Birmingham Post - News - West Midlands News - Mum claimed tragic Khyra Ishaq was 'possessed', court hears

Shared via AddThis

Although it had been my intention this past few days to revisit the reports of Robin Alexander and Sir Jim Rose (as requested by Brian), I have found that in light of recent reports in the press; Vanessa George and Birmingham Social Sevices, my thoughts are yet again with children who have suffered, some irretrievably, at the hands of so called parents, carers and professionals. Prior to my 'rant' I suppose, I will add that I am fully aware that I have possibly not read all the details of these cases, and that my views have, in essence, been based on the media surrounding each case. Although I aim to look using an objective lens, as a human being, equipped with free thought and emotion, it is not always possible.

In response to a link Clare posted on facebook reporting on the horrendous crimes of Vanessa George and her associates, I commented that I did not want to publish my thoughts, certainly not in an open forum such as facebook. In reflection, I feel this was because, in truth, I think that her and her 'friends' are hideous, dangerous animals who have preyed on the vulnerability of babies and children just for 'kicks'. In my eyes, people like this do not deserve help, rehabilitation or even life - do to them what we do to other sick animals, quick injection and its all over. I am not ashamed of harbouring such feelings about these persons, but, possibly because of the nature of the career I wish to embark on, and being aware of the power of social networking sites, I felt it was best not to air my views there. One factor that hit me whilst reading the numerous reports surrounding this case, is the background each paper, from the sun to the times, has used for Vanessa George. In brief, she did not have the best upbringing, her father left her mother when she was young, they lived pretty much hand to mouth etc... Yes, this may be true, but is it an excuse? Does the general public (or Government) feel that such a background makes these crimes acceptable? Explanationable? Similarities to the mother of Baby P?

The link above relates to one of the cases being highlighted by a report into the poor standards of Birmingham Social Services, Khyra Ishaq. Again, another horrific read. Although social services were aware of the family, nothing was done to help the children, until it was too late. Surely withdrawing a child from school, refusing to let teachers, social workers and even police persons in to your property should ring some blummin big bells! Similarities have been drawn with the Climbe case - primarily the child being possessed. Again, is this another excuse Government are willing to accept?

Don't think this blog has a purpose other than for me to have a bit of a rant (one that it very un-objective at that). Does it make me feel any better? No, because give it a month or so and there will be yet another damning report into another social services department, school, hospital following the death of yet more helpless children.

No comments:

Post a Comment