Thursday 26 February 2009

Phew!

At last, I can breath a sigh of relief...phew...I finally feel as though I am on top of my college work at last. Since loosing my mum in October, for obvious reasons I have had the concentration span of a gnat. If I'm going to be completely honest, if it wasn't for my fab hubby Matt and my gorgeous son Matthew, I think I would have pretty much cracked up by now. Not only did her passing knock me flat on my back, it bought back all the memories of when Dad died too. I did debate as to whether I could continue on with the course as I had no motivation, no drive and no passion left. It was a struggle to get out of bed each morning, to eat, drink, even to breathe. I don't know how, or why, but this past week has seen the haze that has surrounded me for the past 4 months begin to lift. I'm so glad I didn't decide to leave the course, as I know my parents wouldn't have wanted me to do that. Somehow, through the stress of completing my last essay, something 'clicked' again. I'm getting that passion and drive back. I'm more determined than ever to succeed, to pass this degree with Honours, to wear that gown and mortar-board - for me, for Matt, for Matthew, but most of all, for my fantastic parents!

1 comment:

  1. life goes up and down. you are brave and strong. it's happy to see you got your study passion back. gown and mortar-board? I want that, too.

    ReplyDelete