Wednesday 18 March 2009

it'll all come out in the wash

Was going to start with 'this is just a quickie', but all my blogs tend to run along that vein. There is a truth in the statement though, as time is a valuable commodity at the moment. What with several pieces of work on the go..............
Anyhow, I'm not talking about that tonight, just thought I'd reflect a little on the two speakers we've had in from Warwick this week. It was good to hear the perspective of a student from the 2+2 degree (I'm sure i did the access course with her), but I did feel some of the comments were a little 'flippant' and could have been a more objective - but it was her opinion after all. (I hope that doesn't sound mean - it's not meant too). The visit from Dr Sarah Dahl today I found very interesting. I felt it was a very 'true to life' insight into how things 'work' at Warwick, and I liked her honesty regarding what will be expected of us. I'm very much the type of person that as long as I know what lies ahead for me - no matter how daunting - I feel more comfortable than everything being 'sugar coated'.
It is going to be difficult at times, what with juggling childcare, work, study schedules, lecture times etc.... but the end result will be worth it. Although I am saying this, I am also very glad that I have another year before I have to contemplate making further changes to home life and increasing my workload two-fold, but hey, as my Nan keeps telling me "It'll all come out in the wash"!

2 comments:

  1. After today's meeting with Sarah, I start to get really exciting about going to warwick. I can't believe how fast the time goes. now it's our turn to go warwick, soon will be you guys' turn to come. we should keep in touch so when you guys come to warwick next year, we can be there for you guys when you need us. by the way, take easy on the exam, you guys will be just fine as Lin told us that you guys have very high standard for the course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. .......my nan used to say the same thing - and she was usually right :o)

    ReplyDelete