Tuesday 3 February 2009

An aside...

I LOVE THE SNOW!!!!!! I must agree with Clare about wanting an extra day to play. Unfortunately missed most of the fun early on on Monday as I wasn't too well, but definitely made up for it in the afternoon. Went sledging, snowballing - even attempted to build an igloo (Matthew desperately wanted one). I would like to comment though on all the negative reports today in the papers and on TV about people not getting in too work. I completely understand the economic climate at the moment, and yes, financially the UK did suffer as a direct cause of people being unable to get into work (to the tune of 1.2 billion I believe), but families were at home together - mostly having fun in the snow - kids were not sitting in front of TV sets / computers / games consoles - they were out in the fresh air playing in the snow, many couldn't use their cars - so they walked places...in the snow. See where I'm going with this? I just feel that in this financially testing and worrying time (far many), an unexpected day off with our loved ones, having fun, is not such a bad thing after all is it?

1 comment:

  1. Rock on My sentiment exactly Check out Chris hassal Leicester City head teacher for a different perspective

    ReplyDelete